Wednesday 22 May 2013

A Small Note On Spoilers and My Posts

This is a short one, but I just wanted to say that you'll probably have noticed by now that I don't reveal too many plot details in my posts... Well this is a huge double edged-word, because on one hand you want to tell enough about the film to get people to actually want to watch it, but at the same time spoilers suck and you don't really want to have the film ruined for you...

Basically, I'm just going to assume you're all intelligent folks, and that you have at least a little bit of prior knowledge of the films I'm writing about, and ergo I can get away with filling in the very basics of the plot so anyone who has seen it can understand what I'm going on about, but anyone who hasn't can watch the film without having it ruined.

There's also another side to this, in that often when I'm writing a film I get so into it and realise that what I'm writing is incomprehensible if you don't know what the film is about... My bad! I'll try and regulate that one.

But yeah, to those who have been reading my posts so far, thanks a lot, and I hope you've been enjoying it! Thanks a lot people.

No comments:

Post a Comment